Sunday 10 April 2011

Anti-Style Icon I

Actually, I suppose that it should be 'II' but I deleted that picture of Shane MacGowan. Here is anti-style icon I Andy Warhol; about whom Gore Vidal said "He's the only genius with an IQ of 60 that I ever met". Still, now some bright spark has given Mr Moron a chromium-plated statue in Union Square. All he ever did was to drive artistic perception of civilization down a notch or two. This is the man; dead-eyed from drugs and filthy dirty in his torn clothes, being commemorated and celebrated (tins of Campbell's chicken soup indeed!):
Of course, it is being commended by The New York Times and one or two who trudge the streets of internet suburbia (Shredder's phrase but not linked to this subject matter).

2 comments:

  1. NJS

    It's very worrying as I can't tell if your picture is of Warhol's statue or Warhol himself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did become a virtual auto-icon; waxlike in his torpor.

    ReplyDelete